Russell FC crowned champions at Goals Soccer Centre
Russell FC were crowned Open Cup champions at the Goals Soccer Centre in Ipswich last weekend beating off competition from a host of other teams to take the trophy.
The ten-team tournament which was held at Goals Ipswich, off College Drive off Grimwade Street was won by Russell FC who beat FC United 7-3 in the final.
The Goals Open Cup is held every year at each of the 43 FA accredited Goals centres across the UK.
Goals Soccer Centre Manager Kirk Natrass said: “It was a fantastic tournament and a great way to kick off the new season here at Goals.”
He added: It was great to see so many people taking part, a mix of familiar faces and players that have never played here before at Goals. We welcome players of all ages, ability and hope to see them again in the future at the centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Players names are: left to right (top row): Oli Hallinan, Marcus Bennett, Tom Russell (Captain), Craig Brown (bottom row): Tom Harvey, Jon Ward, Jon Russell.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk