Sky Sports duo Gray and Keys dropped from Chelsea game in sexism row
SKY Sports presenters Andy Gray and Richard Keys have been dropped from tonight’s line-up after their off-air sexist comments, the broadcaster said.
The pair caused controversy after they were taped agreeing that female officials “don’t know the offside rule” and predicting lineswoman Sian Massey would drop a clanger during Wolves’s home game against Liverpool on Saturday.
She ended up correctly calling a crucial borderline decision.
Today, Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said the pair had been disciplined and dropped from coverage of tonight’s Bolton versus Chelsea match.
He said: “I have spoken directly to both Richard Keys and Andy Gray this morning.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been made clear to each of them that their comments were totally unacceptable.
“Those views are inexcusable, entirely inconsistent with our ethos as a business and employer, and will rightly offend many of our customers, our people, and the wider public.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
“They are inexcusable from anyone at Sky, regardless of their role or seniority.
“We have dealt with this matter by taking immediate disciplinary action. As with any employee it would not be right to go into detail on those proceedings.
“However, they have been clearly warned about their behaviour and reminded of their responsibilities.
“In addition, Richard and Andy will not be involved in any way with tonight’s live Monday Night Football.’’