Sol Campbell set for Newcastle move
VETERAN defender Sol Campbell looks set to sign for newly-promoted Newcastle United.
The 35-year-old centre-back left Arsenal this summer and had been linked with Sunderland and Celtic.
But it seems the Magpies, who were promoted back to the Premier League last year after just one season away, will win the race for his signature.
Campbell is having a medical in Newcastle today.
The central defender made a shock return to the Premier League for a second spell with Arsenal last season, after he had signed for then League Two side Notts County.
You may also want to watch:
Campbell left the Magpies after just one match before rejoining the Gunners on a short-term deal.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic