150-up for Clinton Morrison
- Credit: Archant
CLINTON Morrison has never been lacking in confidence, or self-belief, but even he was beginning to question when his next goal would arrive.
Finally, after a barren spell spanning almost seven months, Morrison tucked home his second goal of the campaign, and his 1andmark 150th career league goal, with the winner at Bury.
Morrison’s 31st minute goal sealed a 2-1 win at Gigg Lane, to move the U’s seven points clear of the relegation zone.
“I felt relief, joy, and all those other feelings,” admitted Morrison.
“I kept thinking, game after game, when is the goal going to come?
You may also want to watch:
“But I’m usually a striker who goes on a bit of a burst, so hopefully I can do that now until the end of the season.
“That’s all I needed. When I get one, it gives me a lift,
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
“I know I can still score goals. It doesn’t matter about my age, I’ve done it for years.”
Morrison began this season on 148 league goals, and the 33-year-old finally reached the magic 150 with his second goal of the campaign at Bury.