Witches cancel 16 Lap Classic as just 13 home team meetings are run at Foxhall in 2018
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches have cancelled the 16 Lap Classic which was scheduled to be held at Foxhall on October 11.
Due to the Premiership and Championship play-offs and Knockout Cup meetings still to be held and the specialist nature of the 16-lap event, it was proving impossible to produce a quality line-up.
This situation has been compounded by the Witches’ early exit from all three competitions resulting in just 13 home fixtures, which is something that the club quite understandably admit must change in 2019.
It has certainly been a truncated and disappointing season at Foxhall and one of the shortest in living memory.
Injuries again hampered the Witches, who failed to make the top four in the 11-strong Championship league.
You may also want to watch:
The loss of Danny King to a serious arm injury was the main injury problem, although almost all the Witches at one time or another had a spell on the sidelines.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 6 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 9 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 10 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park