Witches cancel 16 Lap Classic as just 13 home team meetings are run at Foxhall in 2018
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches have cancelled the 16 Lap Classic which was scheduled to be held at Foxhall on October 11.
Due to the Premiership and Championship play-offs and Knockout Cup meetings still to be held and the specialist nature of the 16-lap event, it was proving impossible to produce a quality line-up.
This situation has been compounded by the Witches’ early exit from all three competitions resulting in just 13 home fixtures, which is something that the club quite understandably admit must change in 2019.
It has certainly been a truncated and disappointing season at Foxhall and one of the shortest in living memory.
Injuries again hampered the Witches, who failed to make the top four in the 11-strong Championship league.
The loss of Danny King to a serious arm injury was the main injury problem, although almost all the Witches at one time or another had a spell on the sidelines.
- 1 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 2 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 5 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 6 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 7 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 10 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing