A big ‘lift’ for Fen Tigers as they announce a big new club sponsor
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers are pleased to welcome a new sponsor to the club, in KMA Forklifts.
KMA Forklifts are an Ipswich based company who provide a huge selection of quality new and used forklifts, and supply the best trucks, including, Reach Trucks & Counterbalance Trucks in electric, gas or diesel.
They also have a considerable link with the history of Mildenhall Speedway, in the shape of Mick Hines, who runs KMA Forklifts with his son Melvyn.
Many older Fen Tigers supporters will remember Mick being the final piece of the jigsaw, as the club went on to win their first league title in 1979.
Hines stepped down from the Gulf British League with Wimbledon to ride in the National League, and his experience and support to the younger riders was highly influential in the club claiming that famous first piece of silverware.
You may also want to watch:
Promoter Kevin Jolly was pleased to welcome his newest sponsor on board.
Jolly said: “This is another piece of excellent news in what has been a very positive winter for us.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
“It is a pleasure to welcome KMA Forklifts to the club and I look forward to seeing Mick and Melvyn at Mildenhall whenever they are able.
“I feel we have a very good looking side this season.
“We also have a strong back-room team and with sponsorship going particularly well, everything points to a good year for the club.”
KMA Forklifts’ other company services include Forklifts service and maintenance, and Forklift hire. Training too can be arranged.
Meanwhile, the date has been revealed for ‘KJM/Manchetts’ Fen Tigers’ annual Press and Practise day.
This will take place on Wednesday, April 5, commencing at 11am.
All seven of the 2017 Fen Tigers will be present, and will be on track during the day.
As always, this is a free event for supporters, with entrance through the front gate only into the stadium.
The bar and fish and chip shop will be open during the day and there will be photographic opportunities for supporters once the press have finished their work.