A big week for improving U’s
COLCHESTER United might be off the pace, in terms of the promotion race, but this week they can have a huge say on who is going to make the top two.
John Ward’s men have already shocked league leaders Charlton, following a 2-0 win at The Valley last week.
Tonight, it is the turn of second-placed Sheffield United to take on the U’s, at an expectant Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Fourth-placed Huddersfield will also visit the U’s on Saturday, so there is plenty of scope to clip the wings of promotion hopefuls.
Looking further ahead, high-flying Sheffield Wednesday will pay a trip to the Essex club next month.
You may also want to watch:
United, then, have chances galore to ruin a few reputations, as well as boosting their own slender hopes of pushing for sixth spot.
Martin Rowlands will miss tonight’s clash, due to a groin injury, so Andy Bond is expected to start.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Bond replaced Rowlands, in central midfield, before the half-hour mark during Saturday’s goalless draw at Wycombe.