A day of departures at Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
It has been a day of exits, rather than arrivals, on transfer deadline day at Colchester United today.
The main development has been Craig Eastmond’s departure, while striker Dan Holman has gone out on loan.
These two exits come just three days after centre-half Kaspars Gorkss left to join Greek club Ergotelis.
Classy midfielder Eastmond, out-of-favour with the U’s, has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.
The 24-year-old ex-Arsenal star, who initially arrived on loan from the Gunners in September, 2012, before signing a permanent deal the following summer, has chalked up 68 games for the U’s.
You may also want to watch:
However, Eastmond has struggled to hold down a regular place in Tony Humes’ starting XI, and has not featured at all since the turn of the year.
Manager Humes explained: “After discussions, it was felt that it would be best for Craig to look elsewhere for first team football and we wish him all the best for the future.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
Meanwhile, Holman has again gone out on loan, this time to Conference club Dover Athletic.
Ex-Braintree Town marksman Holman, who had loan spells at fellow Conference clubs Wrexham and Aldershot earlier this campaign, will spend the rest of the season at Dover, who are in contention for a play-off place.