‘A few home truths were said’ – Colchester United’s John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss John McGreal did not mince his words after Saturday’s shock 1-0 home defeat to bottom club Barnet.
The U’s are now seven points adrift of the League Two play-offs, going into their last 11 games of the season, following back-to-back defeats at the hands of relegation candidates Crewe and Barnet.
Performances, as well as results, have fallen well below expectations.
“There’s no dressing up today, there are no positives to take from this match,” confessed McGreal.
“It’s one where we just look at it, have a debrief, and then draw a line under it.
You may also want to watch:
“A few home truths were said in there (home dressing room) at the end of the match.
“We still believe we can make the play-offs, and we’ve got to get the fans believing in that as well, because no doubt about it we have put in two poor performances, and have not deserved any points.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat
Alex Nicholls netted the Barnet winner on 66 minutes.