‘A few home truths were said’ – Colchester United’s John McGreal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss John McGreal did not mince his words after Saturday’s shock 1-0 home defeat to bottom club Barnet.
The U’s are now seven points adrift of the League Two play-offs, going into their last 11 games of the season, following back-to-back defeats at the hands of relegation candidates Crewe and Barnet.
Performances, as well as results, have fallen well below expectations.
“There’s no dressing up today, there are no positives to take from this match,” confessed McGreal.
“It’s one where we just look at it, have a debrief, and then draw a line under it.
“A few home truths were said in there (home dressing room) at the end of the match.
“We still believe we can make the play-offs, and we’ve got to get the fans believing in that as well, because no doubt about it we have put in two poor performances, and have not deserved any points.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
Alex Nicholls netted the Barnet winner on 66 minutes.