A summer decision on Crystal Palace loanee Alex Wynter’s future
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
If Crystal Palace end up not wanting to keep Alex Wynter, then Colchester United will be ready to step in!
Versatile defender Wynter has so impressed Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, during his current loan spell that the Dubliner would love to sign up the 20-year-old this summer.
Palace have the option of retaining Wynter’s services for another year, and the Premier League club might well exercise that right after plotting the defender’s progress with interest.
Wynter himself wants to stay at Selhurst Park, but he has not ruled out a possible move to the U’s, if the Eagles decide to release him.
“I’ll have to see what happens over the summer, and start again,” explained Wynter.
You may also want to watch:
“Crystal Palace have an option on me for next season, so I will have to see what they say first.
“I came to Colchester to give myself a helping hand, to show Palace that I can play, and hopefully I have made a strong case to get a new contract there.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
Dunne would love to have Wynter in his squad for the 2014-15 campaign.
“I wouldn’t mind him back here next season, absolutely!” confirmed Dunne.
“But that’s down to Crystal Palace. I think they have the option to take him on for another year. I’m not 100% sure, but we will deal with that after the Walsall game.
“I couldn’t have asked for much more from Alex. Most people question loanees, and whether they are ready to fight.
“But he’s such a mature lad, and I think he is a wonderful prospect. He’s actually an example to my young players who are here. He has a passion for the game,” added Dunne.