A very nice start to the new season for Leiston as they go second in the table
- Credit: Archant
Seven points from three games and second position in the fledgling Ryman Premier Division table, I expect Richard Wilkins will currently be a happy man.
Saturday saw a professional display at newly-promoted Merstham with two second-half goals from Patrick Brothers and Joe Francis securing the points. This after another point on our travels last Tuesday, at Canvey Island.
Leon Ottley-Gooch fired the Blues ahead but the lead lasted just three minutes with the Essex side claiming a point.
The current good news continued back at HQ where the reserves produced a slick display to overwhelm leaders at the start of play, King’s Lynn Town Reserves.
Glen Driver’s side played some fine football with four unanswered goals inflicting a first defeat on our Norfolk visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Danny Block set the ball rolling in first-half injury-time with Adam Horner, Zehnn Young and Ryan Sharman netting three second half goals. They are next in action tonight as they welcome local rivals Woodbridge Town to Victory Road.
Not such good news for the under-18s who opened their Thurlow Nunn Youth League season with a 3-1 defeat at home to Framlingham.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
The Blues will face Ipswich Town in this season’s Suffolk FA Premier Cup. Ipswich were drawn out first but will give up home advantage. In the Suffolk FA Senior Cup the Reserves were drawn away to current SIL Senior Division champions Crane Sports, dates of ties to be confirmed.
Saturday sees the Blues hosting Lewes at Victory Road in the Ryman Premier Division while the reserves face a tough trip to Wivenhoe.