The A-Z of Ipswich Town - P is for Portman Road
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Every week during the off-season we’re bringing you a video series looking at the A-Z of Ipswich Town history – and today we’ve reached the letter P.
P, of course stands for Portman Road, the home of Ipswich Town Football Club since 1884.
The Blues were originally based at Broomhill Park, but for the last 135 years, Portman Road has been their home.
As well as hosting some classic football games - including a visit from David Beckham and the England national side in 2003 - the famous old stadium has also been home to concerts from some of the world's biggest pop stars.
Ross Halls takes a dig into our archives to bring you some rarely-seen pictures of the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
What are your best Portman Road memories? Let us know below!
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune