‘I’m delighted with him’ - watch Drinan’s hat-trick that earned McCarthy’s praise
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town boss Mick McCarthy said he was ‘delighted’ with Aaron Drinan after the Irish striker scored a hat-trick for the club’s Under 23s.
Drinan scored the Blues’ three goals in their 4-3 loss to Hull at Playford Road on Monday, but he has yet to make his first-team debut for the Blues after signing from Waterford in January.
McCarthy insisted he is delighted with Drinan, though.
“I’m delighted for him because he puts a real shift in does Aaron but the goals just hadn’t been going in for him,” McCarthy said.
“He’s just scored three and I’m really pleased with him, delighted with him.
You may also want to watch:
“Jack Lankester is another one who played really well.”
Neither Ben Morris, Ben Folami or Barry Cotter were involved for the young Blues side, meaning they could play a part when the first team face Barnsley this evening.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 10 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week