Above average ticket pricing, but Colchester United do have the cheapest cup of tea!
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United are above average for their League One match pricing, as revealed by the findings of the annual BBC Sport Price of Football study, which have just been published.
In League One, the U’s – whose average attendance at the Weston Homes Community Stadium has been 3,532 this season – are above average with their pricing.
The U’s charge £320 for their cheapest season ticket and £459 for their most expensive.
There are four clubs in the division that have a more expensive ‘cheap’ season ticket (Port Vale, Oldham, Chesterfield and Peterborough), while only four – Sheffield United, Crawley, Chesterfield and Peterborough – have more expensive top-level options.
Colchester’s cheapest matchday ticket is £22 (close to the average of £20.44), but their most expensive matchday price is £30 (the average is £24.50).
You may also want to watch:
The U’s do have the cheapest cup of tea in the division at £1, as opposed to the League One average which works out at £1,83 a cuppa. Bradford City top those tea charts with £2.20.
However, the U’s are outdone by their Essex neighbours Braintree Town, on the cup-of-tea front.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
The Vanarama Conference side have the cheapest cup of tea in English football’s top five tiers at just 80p.
The Iron also have the second cheapest season ticket in the division at £170. That works out at £7.40 a game and only Eastleigh offer something cheaper.
On the pie charts, only six League One clubs offer cheaper pies than the U’s (£2.80). The average is £2.94.