Academy side's FA Youth Cup date tonight
TOWN'S Academy side take on Shrewsbury Town tonight at Portman Road in the third round of the FA Youth Cup, with a 7pm kick off.
Town's Academy side take on Shrewsbury Town tonight at Portman Road in the third round of the FA Youth Cup, with a 7pm kick off.
Under 18s manager Richard hall wants the lads to sue it as part of their development.
He said: “The game has that extra edge in that it is a cup competition and hopefully the fans will come out and support the lads and again it will be a good learning curve for the youngsters here.
You may also want to watch:
“The priority for us at the Academy is not about winning trophies really, it is about the development of the boys through the levels into the first team.
“We want to do well in the competition and being a knock out game, it will add that little extra pressure and perhaps tell us something about the boys.”
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
Gates to the Britannia Stand only will open at 6.30pm with tickets costing £3 adults £1 juniors and concessions.
The Blues will include 16-year-old Connor Wickham who scored in England's Under-16s, 2-0 Victory Shield win on Friday. Ipswich Town Youth squad: Ward, Clemo, Dunbar, Watson, Ainsley, Hyam, Cawley, Daniels, Lambe, Murray, Wickham, Griffiths, Clark, Eastman, Meekings, Brandon, Ralph, Capocci.