Matchday Recap: A Bishop brace downs Town before Dobra is sent off in first league defeat
Ipswich Town were beaten 2-0 at Accrington Stanley this afternoon.
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert insists the club is still 'miles away from where we want to get'.
The Blues boss has been reflecting on the progress made by the club ahead of a return to Accrington Stanley tomorrow (12pm, Sky Sports).
Town were dumped out of the FA Cup following a 1-0 defeat at the Wham Stadium back in January, but go back there top of the League One table following an 11-game unbeaten start.
"The club has moved on an incredible amount since that game," said Lambert. "There's a really good feeling between the supporters and the football club now. It's all coming back.
You may also want to watch:
"It's small steps but it's in a really good place at the minute. We're miles away from where we want to get to but we have got the support back, which is the catalyst for things starting to rebuild again."
Town will be backed by around 1,000 fans in Lancashire, a superb following given the kick-off time and the fact the game will be broadcast on television.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
James Wilson is suspended for the Blues, while key trio Kane Vincent-Young, Flynn Downes and James Norwood are all injury doubts.