Achilles boss: Our name was on the cup
ACHILLES manager Alan Middle said he knew his club's name was on the trophy from their first round game against Willis.“We were 2-0 down with five minutes to play and with our right-back in goal after our keeper was injured,” he said.
ACHILLES manager Alan Middle said he knew his club's name was on the trophy from their first round game against Willis.
“We were 2-0 down with five minutes to play and with our right-back in goal after our keeper was injured,” he said. “We came back to win 4-2 after extra time.
“We lasted the pace better last night and all the lads played well and this will hold us in good stead for our return to senior football.”
You may also want to watch:
His skipper Brent Richards played despite breaking his thumb on Sunday, and he said: “We have Darren Jones to thank for our win - if he had not headed off the line it could have been a different result.”
And two-goal Liam Hillyard added: “This makes up for losing out to Newton in the title race. It was an unbelievable night.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
Newton manager Colin Macrow said he had no complaints, adding: “Gavin Sealey is one of the best goalkeepers in the league and he had an exceptional match.
“If we had scored when their defender headed off the line it would have been 3-3 and I would have fancied our chances.
“I thought they had run out of legs second half after they battered us in the opening period.
“But it's still been a great season for us and we kept going right to the end.”