Adam McDonnell and George Fowler leave Ipswich Town for loan spell at Aldershot
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town youngsters George Fowler and Adam McDonnell have joined National League side Aldershot Town, on a month’s loan.
The duo both featured for Ipswich as a young Blues side lost narrowly, 2-1, at Crystal Palace, in the Carabao Cup last Tuesday.
The game at Selhurst Park marked Fowler’s senior debut, while McDonnell has a little more first-team experience, having made five senior appearances for the Blues.
Fowler (19) has come through the academy at Portman Road, while McDonnell was snapped up from Shelbourne as a 17-year-old, along with fellow youngster, Dylan Connolly – the latter who has since left the club.
Both youngsters will look to follow in the footsteps of former Town youngster, Kundai Benyu, who enjoyed a fruitful spell with the Shots last season.
You may also want to watch:
Aldershot host Solihull Moors at the weekend.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
- 10 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style