Adebayor says AC Milan are 'sexy'
ARSENAL's Emmanuel Adebayor has risked the wrath of Arsene Wenger by revealing he has regular contact with AC Milan.The Togo international striker tried to engineer a move to the Italian giants last summer before agreeing a new �80,000-a-week deal to stay at The Emirates, but has never been forgiven by a section of Arsenal fans for his perceived lack of commitment.
ARSENAL's Emmanuel Adebayor has risked the wrath of Arsene Wenger by revealing he has regular contact with AC Milan. (Daily Mail)
The Togo international striker tried to engineer a move to the Italian giants last summer before agreeing a new �80,000-a-week deal to stay at The Emirates, but has never been forgiven by a section of Arsenal fans for his perceived lack of commitment.
And Arsenal supporters will be dismayed to learn the 25-year-old has once again questioned his future in London.
“I often speak to Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani on the phone because he is very good at French as his wife is from Morocco,” Adebayor told Italian newspaper Tuttosport.
“Galliani may not be as sexy as Beyonce, but Milan are.”
Adebayor pointed to Arsenal's lack of success in the Champions League as a reason behind his desire to join the Italian giants.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
Arsenal have never won Europe's biggest prize and have reached just one final despite participating in the competition for 11 consecutive seasons.
“Milan have won the Champions League on seven occasions whereas Arsenal have never won it,” said Adebayor.
“Last year I was very close to signing for the Rossoneri, but then I renewed my Arsenal contract until 2012.
“For now I just want to finish the season on a high, but then we will see. My agent Stephane Courbis is in London with his Italian associate Vincenzo Morabito and they are always working day and night.”
Courbis did not rule out a summer move for Adebayor and said: “There have not been any offers, not from Milan or any other Italian sides. Nothing has taken place so far, but anything can happen.
“The player's priority is with Arsenal, and then we will have to speak with Arsene Wenger next month.
“I can see lots of movements happening this summer. [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic could leave Inter, [Didier] Drogba can go from Chelsea, my client could also change club, but all this is hypothesis, it's too early to talk.”
Courbis did however confirm offers had arrived from interested clubs for Adebayor, adding: “(From) Spanish and British clubs.”