Adebayor says AC Milan are 'sexy'
ARSENAL's Emmanuel Adebayor has risked the wrath of Arsene Wenger by revealing he has regular contact with AC Milan.The Togo international striker tried to engineer a move to the Italian giants last summer before agreeing a new �80,000-a-week deal to stay at The Emirates, but has never been forgiven by a section of Arsenal fans for his perceived lack of commitment.
ARSENAL's Emmanuel Adebayor has risked the wrath of Arsene Wenger by revealing he has regular contact with AC Milan. (Daily Mail)
The Togo international striker tried to engineer a move to the Italian giants last summer before agreeing a new �80,000-a-week deal to stay at The Emirates, but has never been forgiven by a section of Arsenal fans for his perceived lack of commitment.
And Arsenal supporters will be dismayed to learn the 25-year-old has once again questioned his future in London.
“I often speak to Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani on the phone because he is very good at French as his wife is from Morocco,” Adebayor told Italian newspaper Tuttosport.
You may also want to watch:
“Galliani may not be as sexy as Beyonce, but Milan are.”
Adebayor pointed to Arsenal's lack of success in the Champions League as a reason behind his desire to join the Italian giants.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
Arsenal have never won Europe's biggest prize and have reached just one final despite participating in the competition for 11 consecutive seasons.
“Milan have won the Champions League on seven occasions whereas Arsenal have never won it,” said Adebayor.
“Last year I was very close to signing for the Rossoneri, but then I renewed my Arsenal contract until 2012.
“For now I just want to finish the season on a high, but then we will see. My agent Stephane Courbis is in London with his Italian associate Vincenzo Morabito and they are always working day and night.”
Courbis did not rule out a summer move for Adebayor and said: “There have not been any offers, not from Milan or any other Italian sides. Nothing has taken place so far, but anything can happen.
“The player's priority is with Arsenal, and then we will have to speak with Arsene Wenger next month.
“I can see lots of movements happening this summer. [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic could leave Inter, [Didier] Drogba can go from Chelsea, my client could also change club, but all this is hypothesis, it's too early to talk.”
Courbis did however confirm offers had arrived from interested clubs for Adebayor, adding: “(From) Spanish and British clubs.”