Adebayor to replace Drogba at Chelsea
DIDIER Drogba will leave Chelsea this summer and Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is favourite to replace him. (Daily Mirror)Carlo Ancelotti, who has given a verbal undertaking to Roman Abramovich that he will leave AC Milan for Chelsea, has named Adebayor as the man he wants to replace Drogba.
DIDIER Drogba will leave Chelsea this summer and Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is favourite to replace him. (Daily Mirror)
Carlo Ancelotti, who has given a verbal undertaking to Roman Abramovich that he will leave AC Milan for Chelsea, has named Adebayor as the man he wants to replace Drogba.
Adebayor's future at Arsenal has been clouded in doubt for over a year and his recent performances in the Champions League semi-final games with Manchester United infuriated Gunners fans.
Drogba will pay the price for his outrageous Champions League antics and Chelsea will want around �10million for the African, even though he has just 12 months left on his contract.
You may also want to watch:
Senior club figures were livid at Drogba's behaviour at the end of last week's game against Barcelona and the FA Cup Final could now be his last in a Chelsea shirt.
UEFA will decide what disciplinary action to take tomorrow and Chelsea are also likely to fine the striker.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
Nicolas Anelka is set to remain at Stamford Bridge. His 23 goals this season, including a career-best haul of 17 in the Premier League alongside his commitment in training and displays in the recent pressure games, have seen his stock rise and his sale is no longer seen as a priority.
Chelsea are also keen on landing left-sided Russian Yuri Zhirkov, who is versatile enough to fill any position on that flank.