Adebayor to replace Drogba at Chelsea
DIDIER Drogba will leave Chelsea this summer and Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is favourite to replace him. (Daily Mirror)Carlo Ancelotti, who has given a verbal undertaking to Roman Abramovich that he will leave AC Milan for Chelsea, has named Adebayor as the man he wants to replace Drogba.
DIDIER Drogba will leave Chelsea this summer and Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor is favourite to replace him. (Daily Mirror)
Carlo Ancelotti, who has given a verbal undertaking to Roman Abramovich that he will leave AC Milan for Chelsea, has named Adebayor as the man he wants to replace Drogba.
Adebayor's future at Arsenal has been clouded in doubt for over a year and his recent performances in the Champions League semi-final games with Manchester United infuriated Gunners fans.
Drogba will pay the price for his outrageous Champions League antics and Chelsea will want around �10million for the African, even though he has just 12 months left on his contract.
Senior club figures were livid at Drogba's behaviour at the end of last week's game against Barcelona and the FA Cup Final could now be his last in a Chelsea shirt.
UEFA will decide what disciplinary action to take tomorrow and Chelsea are also likely to fine the striker.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
Nicolas Anelka is set to remain at Stamford Bridge. His 23 goals this season, including a career-best haul of 17 in the Premier League alongside his commitment in training and displays in the recent pressure games, have seen his stock rise and his sale is no longer seen as a priority.
Chelsea are also keen on landing left-sided Russian Yuri Zhirkov, who is versatile enough to fill any position on that flank.