AFC Sudbury can move a step closer to Ryman North title today
- Credit: Archant
AFC Sudbury can move a further step closer to winning the Ryman North title today, when they go to mid-table Aveley.
Jamie Godbold’s side are top of the table on 92 points, nine points clear of second-placed Thurrock, who have played the same amount of games as the west Suffolk side.
Sudbury have won 18 of their previous 21 league games and were 3-1 winners at home to Aveley in December, Joe Maybanks, Luke Callander and Craig Parker scoring the home side’s goals.
Aveley are firmley entrenched in mid-table but have won their last two games, including last time out when they defeated Bury Town on Monday evening, 3-2.
Former Leiston and Needham Market man Danny Cunningham could be in line for his first start since rejoining the club, having impressed and scored off the bench last week.
Cunningham was recruited to Sudbury’s promotion push recently after falling out of favour at Leiston.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 6 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 7 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 8 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 9 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 10 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe