Kevin Keegan is in Suffolk and speaking at big AFC Sudbury event
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Kevin Keegan will be the guest speaker at AFC Sudbury’s inaugural sportsman’s dinner next month.
The former England boss will be at King’s Marsh Stadium on Friday, May 18 - and tickets are still available.
“I am really looking forward to speaking at AFC Sudbury’s sportsman’s dinner and I really enjoy getting out and meeting people,” Keegan said.
“I will be bringing along a signed England shirt with me for the auction so hopefully people can dig deep for the club.”
Darren Theobald, who is helping organise the event, said: “This is a massive coup for AFC Sudbury, to get someone of Kevin Keegan’s stature as guest speaker.
You may also want to watch:
“It has really has got the local community talking. He’ll being meeting people all night, signing autographs and he has an amazing talk planned and will even being doing a Q&A session as well.
“I know he’s very excited to come to the county and see what the club has to offer. He’s one of the biggest legends in football and his talks are riveting, his playing career stories along with his massive managerial career makes it a don’t miss event.”
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
The use of a giant marquee, which will be at the club for two weekends has enabled AFC Sudbury to host a variety of events, including a Take That tribute night on Friday, May 11 and big money bingo on Monday, May 14.
Indeed, the events team at AFC Sudbury have been working hard to ensure these top class events are a success and the club expect to see more than 1,500 people in attendance over the period.
The sportsman’s dinner, which includes a 3 course meal, top comedian and of course Keegan’s talk, will also have Brenner Woolley from Radio Suffolk as guest compère.
There will be a raffle and auction on the night and there is still one VIP table available for £750 which includes a front table and a meeting with Keegan before the meal.
Tickets are still available for the dinner at £55 per person or £500 for a table of 10 and can be purchased by calling AFC Sudbury Office on 01787 376213.
Or, visit the website, www.afcsudbury.com for details on all events planned in the giant marquee.