AFC Sudbury sign Wivenhoe Town skipper Tom Cutts
AFC SUDBURY have boosted their defensive options with the signing of Wivenhoe Town’s Tom Cutts.
The centre back joined The Dragons in 2009 as part of their under-18 side and has since made more than 100 first-team appearances for the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division club.
Cutts, 20, will be the latest arrival at the Ryman League Division One North club since the 7-2 defeat at Soham Town Rangers a fortnight ago.
Defender Ashley Sloots, who played 35 times for AFC Sudbury last season, has returned to the club.
The former Bury Town and Needham Market left back had been playing for Hadleigh United this season in the Premier Division of the Thurlow Nunn League.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Bowditch, who made seven appearances and scored three times while on loan at AFC Sudbury earlier in the season, has also returned after a brief spell at AFC Hornchurch.
The new arrivals at the MEL Group Stadium have been offset by the departures of striker Danny Charge and defenders Bradley Thomas and Matt Pooley.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
Pooley made his one and only appearance in the defeat at Soham, after signing from Thurrock.
Sudbury have been inactive for a fortnight after last Saturday’s match at Waltham Abbey was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Striker James Baker was due to make his comeback in that match, but will now return at home to Witham Town this afternoon.
Baker, who was the club leading scorer last season, has been out since breaking his right wrist at Maldon & Tiptree on August 21.