AFC Sudbury sign Wivenhoe Town skipper Tom Cutts
AFC SUDBURY have boosted their defensive options with the signing of Wivenhoe Town’s Tom Cutts.
The centre back joined The Dragons in 2009 as part of their under-18 side and has since made more than 100 first-team appearances for the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division club.
Cutts, 20, will be the latest arrival at the Ryman League Division One North club since the 7-2 defeat at Soham Town Rangers a fortnight ago.
Defender Ashley Sloots, who played 35 times for AFC Sudbury last season, has returned to the club.
The former Bury Town and Needham Market left back had been playing for Hadleigh United this season in the Premier Division of the Thurlow Nunn League.
Ben Bowditch, who made seven appearances and scored three times while on loan at AFC Sudbury earlier in the season, has also returned after a brief spell at AFC Hornchurch.
The new arrivals at the MEL Group Stadium have been offset by the departures of striker Danny Charge and defenders Bradley Thomas and Matt Pooley.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
Pooley made his one and only appearance in the defeat at Soham, after signing from Thurrock.
Sudbury have been inactive for a fortnight after last Saturday’s match at Waltham Abbey was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Striker James Baker was due to make his comeback in that match, but will now return at home to Witham Town this afternoon.
Baker, who was the club leading scorer last season, has been out since breaking his right wrist at Maldon & Tiptree on August 21.