AFC Sudbury to host Mildenhall Town in FA Cup First Round Qualifying
- Credit: Archant
There’s a West Suffolk derby clash in the next round of the FA Cup.
AFC Sudbury will host Mildenhall Town in the First Round Qualifying, the draw for which was made this lunchtime.
Sudbury beat Aveley 4-0 on Saturday to progress, while Mildenhall saw off fellow Suffolk side Framlingham Town 1-0.
Elsewhere in the draw, Maldon & Tiptree will host Hayes & Yeading, while Stowmarket Town, who face a replay with Romford tomorrow night, will host AFC Hornchurch if they progress.
Needham Market will hit the road to play Clapton, Lowestoft Town will travel to Bedford Town and Witham Town will go away to Ware.
Finally, in games involving our sides, Leiston will travel to Aylesbury while Brightlingsea Regent will make the trip to Hanwell Town.
You may also want to watch:
The ties will be played on Saturday, September 2, with each winning side pocketing £3,000.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'