AFC Sudbury to host ‘Super Sunday’ cup finals day
- Credit: Archant
Get set for ‘Super Sunday’ at AFC Sudbury.
The finals of three Suffolk FA men’s county cup competitions are to be staged at the same venue on the same day.
AFC Sudbury will host the finals of the Sunday Shield, Sunday Trophy and Veterans’ Cup at the Wardale Williams Stadium on Sunday, April 23rd.
Suffolk FA County Cups Manager Adrian Moye said: “I am delighted that AFC Sudbury have agreed to host the Sunday Shield, Sunday Trophy and Veterans’ Cup Finals and indeed they suggested the three-match format.
“It’s not just Sky TV that can boast about a Super Sunday. With kick-offs at 10.15am, 1pm and 3.45pm, anyone watching all three will probably miss their Sunday Roast but there will be a feast of football available.
You may also want to watch:
“AFC Sudbury have arguably the best non-league facilities in Suffolk and I am sure the Sunday finalists will look forward to playing at such a great venue on their special occasion.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 9 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning