Matchday Recap: Blues draw a blank at Kingsmeadow as Lambert’s men fail to find the breakthrough
Ipswich Town drew 0-0 with AFC Wimbledon this evening.
The Blues' dropped out of the top six following Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Sunderland, which was Ipswich's third in a row against promotion contenders following losses to Rotherham and Peterborough.
"We have to hunt teams, for the first time we're out of the top six this season, sometimes that can help you, at certain times," manager Paul Lambert said. "You have to go on a run, we have to go on a run.
"It's not a league like the Premier League where Liverpool are so far ahead it looks like you'll never catch them. There are still a lot of teams in this division who can catch up.
"As I said before, now we become the hunter, now we have to hunt teams down and see if they can handle being in there. There's a long, long way to go, 14 games to go. We have to start to win."
You may also want to watch:
The Blues had to come from behind to beat Wimbledon at Portman Road in August, with Kayden Jackson scoring a dramatic late winner.
You can follow tonight's game live with us.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead