AFC youngsters in action
FC Clacton 2, AFC Sudbury U8 Blues 1AFC completely controlled this match and could not believe the end result. The attacking threat came from midfield with Eloise King, Cory Willings and Liam Bennett controlling the midfield.
FC Clacton 2, AFC Sudbury U8 Blues 1
AFC completely controlled this match and could not believe the end result. The attacking threat came from midfield with Eloise King, Cory Willings and Liam Bennett controlling the midfield.
However, it was Jacob Gilbert who broke the deadlock on 11 minutes with a cracking shot completely out of the blue. Eight minutess into the second half a weak shot by Clacton hit the goalkeeper and trickled in.
Man-of-the-match Bennett and James Lavelle combined but unfortunately the end shot went wide. The back line was solid with Adam Jeggo giving his best display of the season alongside Toby Mattock who was superb. A few minutes before the end, Clacton scored a good goal against the run of play.
FC Clacton 1, AFC Sudbury U8 Reds 6
The Reds were typically up for this from the off. Harry Malone made a good tackle and passed to Alfie Gittings whose run and pass found Gus Armin to coolly slot home before a minute was up.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
Two minutes later Armin improvised with his knee to lob the keeper. Nicholas Webber was outstanding at the back and his pass found Ben Turner who finished well.
Charlie Lovering in goal was called into action and saved well. In the second half a brilliant turn by Armin put him in on goal and he finished calmly for his hat-trick. Gittings made room for a good strike but it was straight at the keeper. Five minutes in Clacton managed to lob Lovering for their goal.
Turner had a direct run down the left wing and crossed, the ball hitting the keeper and rolling into the net. Armin tackled well and ran to the goal and slotted for his fourth. Webber was man-of-the-match.