Alan Devonshire close to signing player from Football League
BRAINTREE Town manager Alan Devonshire is close to bringing in a Football League player on loan and hopes to make the swoop ahead of Tuesday night’s Blue Square Bet Premier League game at second-placed Fleetwood.
The former West Ham star wants to bring in at least three new faces to the club during the January transfer window but has refused to speculate on his targets.
The former Hampton & Richmond boss watched his side throw away a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with strugglers, Stockport at the Amlin Stadium and could face a defensive headache after Adam Bailey-Dennis limped off at half time.
“I am hoping to get in a boy on loan before Tuesday and another one before the end of the weekend,” said Devonshire who saw Aswad Thomas and Nicky Symons give the Iron a two-goal cushion before the Hatters fought back through Joe Connor and Danny Rowe.
“I can’t say too much before the signing is done but the player is from a higher division and can play in a few positions.
“I will be looking to bring in two or three players to the club and I have got to see how my two centre-halves are as Dave Stevens is injured and Adam Bailey-Dennis came off with a thigh strain today.
“I am looking at all areas of the pitch.”
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
Match action and reaction from Saturday’s 2-2 draw, will be in Monday’s East Anglian Daily Times