‘I think it’s put to bed... he’s totally fine’ - Lambert on Judge situation after QPR saga
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert says Alan Judge ‘is totally fine’ following weeks of transfer speculation regarding a move to QPR.
The Blues are thought to have rejected a third offer from the Championship club last weekend, in the region of £650,000, with Rangers boss Mark Warburton then ending his interest in the Ipswich playmaker.
Lambert, who previously confirmed Judge had been keen on talking to the Loftus Road side, believes the transfer saga has now been put to bed and insisted the Irishman was ready to give his all for the Blues.
"Sitting here I think it's put to bed," Lambert said.
"That's not my concern. My real concern is about the lack of players coming in. "That's my concern.
"He's fine, totally fine, the only thing Judgey lacks is gametime.
You may also want to watch:
"Everything else is fine and there's no problem there.
"It's just a lack of minutes, everything else is not in a bad place. I don't know if he will start."
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
Judge played just 45 minutes of pre-season due to a fractured wrist, suffered on international duty with Ireland in June. and continues to wear a cast in training.
He has been working with the Ipswich first-team since their pre-season trip to Germany but it remains to be seen whether he is fit to start at Burton this weekend.