‘I think it’s put to bed... he’s totally fine’ - Lambert on Judge situation after QPR saga
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert says Alan Judge ‘is totally fine’ following weeks of transfer speculation regarding a move to QPR.
The Blues are thought to have rejected a third offer from the Championship club last weekend, in the region of £650,000, with Rangers boss Mark Warburton then ending his interest in the Ipswich playmaker.
Lambert, who previously confirmed Judge had been keen on talking to the Loftus Road side, believes the transfer saga has now been put to bed and insisted the Irishman was ready to give his all for the Blues.
"Sitting here I think it's put to bed," Lambert said.
"That's not my concern. My real concern is about the lack of players coming in. "That's my concern.
"He's fine, totally fine, the only thing Judgey lacks is gametime.
"Everything else is fine and there's no problem there.
"It's just a lack of minutes, everything else is not in a bad place. I don't know if he will start."
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
Judge played just 45 minutes of pre-season due to a fractured wrist, suffered on international duty with Ireland in June. and continues to wear a cast in training.
He has been working with the Ipswich first-team since their pre-season trip to Germany but it remains to be seen whether he is fit to start at Burton this weekend.