Judge signs new two-year Ipswich deal in major boost to Blues
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have secured the services of midfielder Alan Judge on a two-year contract.
The Irishman has been an instant hit after arriving from Brentford for a nominal fee in January, instantly becoming the centre-piece of Paul Lambert’s side.
His original contract at Portman Road ran until the end of this season, with the club holding the option to extend that by a further 12 months.
However, Ipswich and Judge’s representatives have been discussing a fresh contract for a number of weeks, with the 30-year-old signing a two-year extension today.
That means he will be contracted to the club until the summer of 2021, with his deal also including an option to extend it for a further 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking yesterday, Lambert said: “He’s been brilliant for us since we’ve been here.
“Whenever he gets the ball he excites the crowd and makes you think something’s going to happen.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“That’s a great, great thing and I think the crowd have really taken to him.
“He’s playing ever so well and getting back into the Ireland squad has been good for him.
“So if the club can tie him down then it will be a great signing.”
Judge said: “I’m delighted because I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m looking forward to moving my family here and getting settled,” he said.
“Playing football is what’s most important to me. I know this season has gone the way we wanted it to but I want to be part of something to hopefully get the team back up.”
IPSWICH TOWN CONTRACT SITUATION
IN LAST YEAR (WITHOUT EXTENSION OPTION)
Knudsen, McKendry, Collins
IN LAST YEAR (WITH EXTENSION OPTION)
Gerken, Ward, Adeyemi, Spence, Emmanuel, C.Smith, Webber, Dawkins
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2020
Skuse, Edwards, Harrison, Roberts, Dozzell, Rowe, Sears, Clements, McGavin, Dobra, Kenlock
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2021
Chambers, Bialkowski, Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson, Huws, Folami, Cotter, Nydam, Drinan, Morris, Wright, Donacien, El Mizouni, Bishop, K Brown, Judge
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2022
Lankester, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Downes
LOANS FOR SEASON
Chalobah, Elder, Keane, Quaner, Bree