All aboard the Ipswich Town boat party to Craven Cottage!
Ipswich Town will have close to 2,500 supporters in the away end at Fulham tomorrow and more than 200 of them are travelling to the game via party boat!
The Fulham party boat is organised by the London branch of the Ipswich Town Supporters’ Club. In 2015, on the inaugural trip, more than 100 fans travelled the Thames on the way to watch the Blues win 2-1 at Craven Cottage. Last year the trip was not possible as Town played in West London on a Tuesday night.
How many are going tomorrow?
This year two boats have been booked after tickets quickly sold. There will be 120 fans on one and 110 on the other. Ex-Town players Jason Dozzell and Adam Tanner will among them!
You may also want to watch:
What’s the itinerary?
Boats leave Waterloo Pier at 11am, head east for a bit, turn around and eventually reach Craven Cottage around 2pm. One vessel is called ‘HMS Jewel’ (make your own jokes about the potential to sink).
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 7 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
What’s the vibe?
Anyone who has seen the YouTube video of the last trip will know that music and drink is involved!
Organiser Horey Money said: “The atmosphere on board last time was fantastic. I am so proud to be an Ipswich Town fan. We have the best supporters in the country. How many other clubs in our position would be going to games on a boat with a discothèque?! I can guarantee that not only will everyone have a good time, but also behave.”
Mick McCarthy said: “Our support has been amazing at Fulham – the crowd behind the goal there has been fantastic. They are the real diehards, the ones that travel away, there’s no doubt about that. I’ve no problem with the support at all, home or away.”
Can you get involved?
Unfortunately all tickets have sold out, but – should both clubs be in the Championship still next season – then there is the possibility of up to four boats being booked next time.
Send us your pictures and videos
If you’re on one of the Ipswich Town party boats, send us your pictures and videos via #itfcboatparty on Twitter.