All quiet on the transfer front, admits and hopes John Ward
COLCHESTER United boss, John Ward, is not expecting any movement in the transfer market, either in or out, before the window closes tonight.
Ward recruited winger Gavin Massey from Watford a week ago, to complete his summer dealings.
The U’s boss confirmed: “All my business has been done, and I haven’t had any interest from other clubs.
“If anything were to happen, it would be completely out of the blue. But I’m not expecting that.”
Midfielder Anthony Wordsworth commanded a lot of interest from other clubs last season, but it has all gone quiet with regards the talented 23-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s will travel up to the north-west today, training at Crewe Alexandra, ahead of tomorrow’s game at second-placed Tranmere.
Ward has no injury worries and has a full squad at his disposal.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 10 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham