Allardyce leaves Newcastle
NEWCASTLE United have today parted company with manager Sam Allardyce.
NEWCASTLE United today parted company with manager Sam Allardyce.
A statement regarding the 53-year-old's departure from chairman Chris Mort on the club website, www.nufc.co.uk, said: "(Club owner) Mike (Ashley) and I would like to place on record our thanks for Sam's efforts and wish him well for the future.
"A new manager has not yet been appointed at Newcastle United.
"We will make a further announcement on the managerial position when appropriate."
You may also want to watch:
Allardyce added: "I am disappointed to be leaving Newcastle United, but I wish the club all the best for the remainder of the season and for the future.''
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight