An excellent round of golf from Alice Barlow sees her lower the women’s course record at Newton Green Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Alice Barlow has sliced her previous women’s course record at Newton Green Golf Club.
Playing to retain the Earl Howe Trophy, the 18-year-old carded a three under par 68. This was two better than her previous course record.
The round put her into the last 16 for the knock-out stage of the most difficult competition to win at Newton.
Off her handicap of one, Barlow recorded a net 67, one better than 19-handicapper Lizzie Johnson, and two ahead of Margaret Hills, net 69.
Barlow, aged 18, is in her final year at Thomas Gainsborough School, Great Cornard, and is spending the summer playing in leading women’s amateur events, including a recent appearance in the Welsh Open, when a nine in her opening round left her down the field.
You may also want to watch:
To date, her best finish has been fifth. Her run of success last year means she is a qualifier for the England Women’s Amateur Open in July.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw