Dozzell plays 80 minutes in England Under 20s debut in Czech Republic
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Andre Dozzell played 80 minutes as he made his England Under 20s debut in the Czech Republic last night.
The teenage midfielder, who returned to the Ipswich Town first team in the two games prior to the international break, was called into the Under 20 squad for training but subsequently replaced Trevoh Chalobah after his Ipswich Town team-mate suffered a minor injury.
He started in the Elite League game in Budejovice and played 80 minutes in midfield, before being withdrawn in a game which ended 1-1.
Chalobah was an unused substitute in the Young Lions 2-1 defeat by Italy last week, while Flynn Downes has also been training with the squad during the international break.
Kieron Dyer, who leads Ipswich Town’s Under 18s alongside Adem Atay, was part of the England coaching set-up for the week and was impressed with what he saw.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m telling you there are some special players in that group, some absolute gems,” Dyer said. “I won’t mention names but, wow, I was blown away by the quality of the training. The biggest compliment I can pay Andre and Flynn is that they didn’t look out of place at all.”
Young midfielder Idris El Mizouni was also in international action yesterday as he made his debut for the Tunisia Under 23 side as they were beaten 2-0 by Italy in Vicenza. The squad is pointed towards the Olympic football tournament.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
El Mizouni, born in France but qualified for Tunisia through his father, has broken into the Blues’ Under 23 side this season and has performed well.