Andre Dozzell to miss rest of season for Ipswich Town after tearing cruciate ligament
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have confirmed midfielder Andre Dozzell is likely to miss the rest of the season after tearing a cruciate ligament.
The 18-year-old had to be taken off on a stretcher at the end of the first half of Town’s season-opening game against Birmingham on Saturday.
He now faces surgery, expected to take place next week, which will take him out of action for the rest of the season.
The club said he had seen a specialist last night and added that the surgery had an estimated nine-month recovery period.
Blues boss Mick McCarthy said on the club’s website: “I saw Dozzer yesterday and he was very down time. He is bound to be.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the season out for him and it’s very disappointing, for us but especially for Dozzer.
“He will get looked after well by our medical staff and we wish him as quick a recovery as possible.”
Ipswich are facing League Two side Luton Town away this evening for their first round Carabao Cup tie – see here for our preview to the game.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic