Anichebe sticking with Toffees
Everton's Nigerian international striker Victor Anichebe insists his future remains at the club.The 20-year-old also played down reports of a bust-up with boss David Moyes last week.
Everton's Nigerian international striker Victor Anichebe insists his future remains at the club.
The 20-year-old also played down reports of a bust-up with boss David Moyes last week.
Anichebe told KickOffNigeria.com: "I am contracted to Everton. I have been here for 10 years and as far as I know the manager and the coaching staff are really happy with me. I still have time to learn.
"I can safely say I did not swear towards the manager. He is the boss of the team I play for and you have to respect that.
You may also want to watch:
"He is also my elder and that is something else you have to respect. I also did not have any argument at all with assistant manager Steve Round.
"Me and him are friends and he is also my coach, so there would be no reason to argue with him. The funny thing is I did not even see him on the day anything was supposed to happen.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash