Another operation for unlucky Loram
MARK Loram has put a decision on his return to the speedway track on hold.The 36-year-old Ipswich Witches star is to have a bone graft in a Norwich Hospital as the thigh bone he broke at Foxhall Stadium last March is still not knitting together.
By Elvin King
MARK Loram has put a decision on his return to the speedway track on hold.
The 36-year-old Ipswich Witches star is to have a bone graft in a Norwich Hospital as the thigh bone he broke at Foxhall Stadium last March is still not knitting together.
“There is no blood flow around the wound,” said Loram. “This is a measure of the severity of the injury and the mess that it made.
You may also want to watch:
“A bone from another part of my body is to be grafted together with the soft tissue that surrounds it.
“This should allow a blood supply to provide natural healing.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
“I am still in considerable pain and expect to see a specialist in Norwich in around three weeks.”
A decision on Loram riding again will be made after he has had his next operation, but it would appear to be a long shot that he will back on track next season.