Anthony Ogogo will fight on ExCel Arena bill on December 14
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Suffolk middleweight Anthony Ogogo will return to ring action at the ExCel Arena in London on December 14, against a yet-unnamed opponent.
The 25-year-old Lowestoft boxer last fought in Hull, in July, when he stopped Gary Boulden in the fifth round of his third professional fight.
The Olympic Games bronze medalist was due to box on Floyd Mayweather’s undercard for the American’s clash with Saul Alvarez in September but had to pull out through injury.
World Middleweight contender Martin Murray is in ten-round action against Sergey Khomitsky, while former World Lightweight title challenger Kevin Mitchell faces Italian Brunet Zamora for the vacant IBF Inter-Continental title. Recent World Welterweight challenger, Colchester’s Lee Purdy aims to take the European title from Italian Leonard Bundu.
Olympic Gold medal star Anthony Joshua MBE and recent IBF Bantamweight king Jamie McDonnell will also be in action.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale now priced £40, £60 and £100 through www.seetickets.com and on 0871 230 7148.
VIP packages priced £150 are available exclusively through Matchroom Boxing – www.matchroomboxing.com – or call 01277 359900.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
For a full interview with Ogogo, see tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times.