Antigua Sailing Day Regatta set for Sunday at Lackford Lkaes
- Credit: Archant
The fifth annual Antigua Sailing Day Regatta will be held this Sunday at Lackford Lakes.
Hosted by the St Edmundsbury Sailing & Canoeing Association, the Regatta was initiated five years ago as a fun event to celebrate and coincide with Antigua Sailing Week in the Caribbean.
Amazingly, through a Google alert, reports of the Regatta came to the attention of the Antigua Sailing Week Race Committee and the Antigua & Barbuda Tourism Authority, who were so impressed with the initiative that they kindly offered to come on-board as event sponsors.
The Regatta will feature racing for adult and junior divisions sailing any class of non-trapeze dinghy up to 4.5m.
There will be a race briefing at 10.30am, with two races scheduled before lunch and one in the afternoon for each division.
You may also want to watch:
For further details visit www.westsuffolksailing.org.uk
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw