Antonio signs for another month
COLCHESTER United received a big boost, on the eve of tonight’s visit to fourth-placed Brentford, with the news that star winger Michail Antonio had extended his loan stay.
COLCHESTER United received a big boost, on the eve of tonight’s visit to fourth-placed Brentford, with the news that star winger Michail Antonio has extended his loan stay.
Super-quick 21-year-old Antonio has impressed during his initial one-month stint from Reading. That deal was due to expire after this evening’s game, but now he will be with the U’s for another month.
Antonio was recruited by U’s boss John Ward, following Ashley Vincent’s knee injury, incurred during the 1-1 home draw against Wycombe a month ago.
Ward confirmed: “We are delighted to have Antonio for another month, especially as I sense that he is a big favourite with the fans as well. The crowd seems to like him.
You may also want to watch:
“It will give Ashley (Vincent) time to get back. Ash has started training again this week, although not yet with the first team. That should come next week.”
U’s centre-half Magnus Okuonghae is expected to return to the starting XI tonight, after missing Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Leyton Orient due to a sore ankle.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools