Appalling record continues for Town
Sheffield United 3 Ipswich Town 1Ipswich Town's appalling away record continues as they slumped to a 3-1 loss at Bramall lane.Ipswich have now gone 12 games without a win on the road and were well beaten by United.
By Derek Davis
Sheffield United 3 Ipswich Town 1
Ipswich Town's appalling away record continues as they slumped to a 3-1 loss at Bramall lane.
Ipswich have now gone 12 games without a win on the road and were well beaten by United.
You may also want to watch:
James Beattie bagged brace for the Blades and Keith Gillespie rounded of the scoring after Jon Walters had earlier equalised for Town.
Beattie grabbed the opener for the Blades with a good finish from a Chris Armstrong pass as Town's defence was cut open once again.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
Walters ran on to long punt from keeper Neil Alexander for Town but Beattie put Sheffield back in front.
He grabbed a second from the penalty spot after a foul by Liam Trotter on Nick Montgomery with Trotter making his full debut for Town who made four changes from the team that drew at Norwich.
Gillespie wrapped things up with terrific finish from the edge of the area.