Armstrong leads the way as Fen Tigers impress
- Credit: Archant
Kent 39 Mildenhall Fen Tigers 52
The Fen Tigers returned from Kent with another well earned four points, as they look to secure one of the all important top four places in the League.
With Aaron Baseby back following a recent hand injury, the Fen Tigers were able to field five of their own starting line-up plus guest reserve Danno Verge. All contributed to a fine all round performance with Baseby scoring 9+1 on his return to the team and Nathan Stoneman continuing his comeback from injury with a much improved effort.
The new averages had seen ‘mighty midget’ Jon Armstrong move up to the number one berth, but the move certainly did not affect his scoring prowess as he raced to a top score of 14+2, beating the previously unstoppable Steve Boxall in a fine Heat 15.
Boxall finished with 17 points and broke the track record twice during the evening but most of his team mates struggled. With Josh Bates and Danny Halsey both recording double figures it was a pleasurable night all round for Club Chairman Kevin Jolly -
You may also want to watch:
“I went on record as saying we wanted all ten points from the next three meetings to help cement our place in one of the Play-Off berths and this is a fine start. All the lads performed excellently from the top down to young Danno Verge who stepped in for us and did us proud. It was pleasing to see Aaron back and scoring well, hopefully this meeting will be what he needs to kick on for the rest of the season.
I don’t think we could have asked for any more from the lads, they are covering well for Stefan and now we move onto Sunday and hopefully another three points”.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
Mildenhall 52 : - 1. Armstrong 14+2 (6 rides) 2. Baseby 9+1 (5) 3. Bates 10 (6) 4. R/R 5. Halsey 10 (5) 6. Verge 3+1 (4) 7. Stoneman 6+2 (4)
Kent 39 :- 1. Boxall 17 (5 incl 6pt TR) 2. Coles 0 (3) 3. Woods 4 (4) 4. Compton 6 (5) 5. Morley 5 (4) 6. Kirby 0 (3) 7. Kingston 7+1 (6)