Arsenal loanee Sanchez Watt out for months, not weeks
SANCHEZ Watt, whose three-month loan spell from Arsenal was cut short by injury, will be sidelined for months rather than weeks.
Winger Watt impressed during his initial six weeks on loan at Colchester United, until he injured his hamstring during the FA Cup defeat at Chelmsford.
U’s manager Joe Dunne revealed this morning: “Sanchez has had his operation, and it’s pretty bad.
“He has torn the hamstring very badly, so he will be out for months rather than weeks.
“Sanchez will recover from it, but it will take time,” added Dunne.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s entertain Bury on Saturday, having suffered three defeats last week at Chelmsford, against Notts County and at Crewe.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk