Arsenal prepare �15m bid for Brazilian
ARSENAL are preparing a renewed �15m bid for Fiorentina's midfielder Felipe Melo. (Daily Mail)The fiery Brazilian has been tracked by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger for the past three years, since he was playing in Spain with lowly Almeria.
ARSENAL are preparing a renewed �15m bid for Fiorentina's midfielder Felipe Melo. (Daily Mail)
The fiery Brazilian has been tracked by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger for the past three years, since he was playing in Spain with lowly Almeria. He moved to Fiorentina last summer, quickly earning a reputation as a robust midfielder with an eye for goal. In his first season he collected 17 yellow cards and three reds.
Arsenal made enquiries in December and followed up with a tentative offer in January but were told the 25-year-old wasn't for sale.
Inter Milan have since come in with an offer, which is reported to be �15million plus defender Nicolas Burdisso, yet Melo would prefer Arsenal.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Thomas Vermaelen's agent is confident the 23-year-old Ajax defender's �10m move to Arsenal will soon take place.
His agent Sjaak Swart said: “It's more a question of when than if it will take place.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
Arsenal will need to sell to fund their planned spending spree, with Emmanuel Eboue expected to be among the leavers. But they are likely to rebuff an �18m approach for Gael Clichy from Real Madrid.
Wenger is reluctant to lose a player he has watched mature into a high-class performer and Clichy said: “I heard there is an interest from Real Madrid, but I have a contract with Arsenal which I intend to respect unless the club say otherwise.”