Arsenal star joins Town
Ipswich Town have taken Arsenal's Daniel Karbassiyoon on a month-long loan.Joe Royle has moved quickly to cover for the injured Drissa Diallo with the busy Christmas and New Year schedule looming.
Ipswich Town have taken Arsenal's Daniel Karbassiyoon on a month-long loan.
Joe Royle has moved quickly to cover for the injured Drissa Diallo with the busy Christmas and New Year schedule looming.
Karbassiyoon is expected to go straight into the Town squad for tonight's top-of-the-table game against Coca-Cola Championship leaders Wigan at Portman Road.
The 20-year-old American, who joined the Gunners as a striker in August last year for a nominal fee from Roanoke, has since played in a number of positions for the reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Karbassiyoon, who has represented the United States at Under-17 and Under-19 level, has made steady progress since being converted to a left back. He can also play in midfield.
He has played three times in the first team for Arsenal this season - all in the Carling Cup. He made his debut in the 2-1 win at Manchester City, scoring a last-gasp winner just eight minutes after coming on as a substitute.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 10 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
He then played the whole game in the 3-1 win against Everton at Highbury and his most recent first-team outing was as an 81st minute substitute for Gael Clichy in the 1-0 defeat at Manchester United.