Arsenal to sign Brazilian starlet
ARSENAL are reportedly in pole position to sign 16-year-old Brazil star Wellington.The forward scored four goals in a youth match against Norwich during a week-long trial with the Gunners in December.
ARSENAL are reportedly in pole position to sign 16-year-old Brazil star Wellington.
The forward scored four goals in a youth match against Norwich during a week-long trial with the Gunners in December.
And Arsenal have sent scouts to watch the youngster playing for Brazil in the South American Under-17 Championship in Peru.
Wellington turned out for his country on Friday when they kicked off the youth tournament with a 4-0 defeat of Paraguay on Friday, though he failed to get on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
Despite coming through the ranks at Fluminense, he is not contracted to the club and admitted: “I am going to make a decision regarding my future in the next few weeks and what I want to do is play in Europe.”
Atletico and Real Madrid have also been tracking him, while Manchester United and Chelsea have also been linked with his signature, but Arsenal are understood to be his preferred destination.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
He would join compatriots Denilson, 21, and 19-year-old Pedro Botelho at the Emirates.