Arsenal to sign Russian striker
ARSENE Wenger is eyeing up Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak as a potential replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.The 25-year-old is a target man at Zenit St Petersburg and is out of contract at the end of the Russian season in November.
ARSENE Wenger is eyeing up Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak as a potential replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.
The 25-year-old is a target man at Zenit St Petersburg and is out of contract at the end of the Russian season in November.
Arsenal boss Wenger's first choice is Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz but will face competition from Tottenham and does not want to pay over the odds and is looking at other options.
Wenger signed Andrey Arshavin from Zenit in February and that �12m deal has been a huge success, meaning further connections have already been made.
You may also want to watch:
Blackburn have also been looking at Pogrebnyak, but the Russian international - top scorer for Zenit in last year's UEFA Cup campaign - is holding out for a bigger move.
Bayern Munich are also looking and Pogrebnyak is stalling on a new deal at Zenit to try and secure a move this summer.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
Adebayor could be set to leave Arsenal this summer with AC Milan chasing the Togo striker and Wenger will find it hard to resist a big-money offer after a disappointing season.