Ashley Vincent in injury setback
ASHLEY Vincent has suffered a setback in his recovery from a pulled hamstring.
Flying winger Vincent had been hoping to be in contention for a return to the Colchester United first team, around the Christmas and new year period.
The ex-Cheltenham man injured his hamstring during the first half of the U’s 1-0 defeat to Swindon in the FA Cup on December 3.
Having missed nearly three months at the start of the season, due to a knee problem, Vincent had been hoping to get back quickly.
But he is yet to make a comeback for the U’s second string, and is still feeling the effects of the hamstring injury.
You may also want to watch:
Manager John Ward revealed: “Ashley felt the hamstring a little in training. It has been a bit sore.”
The U’s return to first team action when they entertain struggling Scunthorpe United on Saturday.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 8 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
But it looks like being another few weeks before Vincent is back in the United starting line-up again.