Ashley Vincent to leave U’s
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward has confirmed that Ashley Vincent has probably played his last game for the Essex club.
Speaking this afternoon, Ward said that he had “not yet spoken to Ashley,” but that the 26-year-old winger would “perhaps” be on his way this summer.
Ward also confirmed that his phone is already red hot with agents ringing him, within just a few days of the end of the season.
“There were about 840 players available on the January transfer list, and I’ve already taken about 20 phone calls today!” explained Ward.
The U’s boss is waiting on a number of players to come back to him, in terms of new contracts, headed by the likes of keeper Ben Williams, defender Magnus Okuonghae and target man Kayode Odejayi.
But Ward is resigned to the fact that it might take a few weeks for many of these players to reach a final decision.
Vincent, meanwhile, has been blighted by injuries this season. The 26-year-old only made 12 appearances, nine of them in the league. He has totalled 71 league games in total over the last three years.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town
He is set to be available on a free transfer.